3X Method – Workout Descriptions
Isometric Ab Curl
- Lie flat on back on ground with left knee raised, place foot about even with right knee and be sure to keep right leg straight and extended.
- Place hands at sides and curl up by contracting abdominal muscles.
- You will only want to curl up as far as your shoulder blades coming off the ground.
- Be mindful of pivoting around the midsection/ribcage rather than the lower back.
- Switch to opposite side and repeat.
- Begin by laying on your side with your forearm flat on the floor directly under your shoulder to prop yourself up
- Stack your feet on top of one another.
- Contract your abdominal and core section while pressing forearm against the floor.
- Raise your hips until your body is straight from your ankles all the way to your shoulders.
- Hold for the amount of time that is indicated in your workout.
- Then repeat on the opposite side.
- Begin lying flat on your back with your arms to your side
- Simultaneously lift your legs and body, bringing your knees and chin towards each other
- Lower body down, stopping just before feet and shoulders touch the ground.
- Begin by lying flat on your back with your hands behind your head and your feat brought in half-way towards your body
- Thrust right elbow towards your left knee, hold, and lower your body
- Alternate sides and repeat.
- Begin by lying face down on the floor with feet together and arms to your side
- Bring your arms in and lift your body up, with you forearms as your base
- Your arms should be at a 90 degree angle and the only thing touching the ground should be your toes and you forearms.
- Hold form for recommended time.
- Begin by lying flat on your back with your legs bent at the knee and feet resting at a shoulder’s width apart.
- Clasp your hand behind your head and tense your core to lift your shoulders off the floor.
- Make sure your face points towards the ceiling without bending your neck.
- Lower your body back down, while keep core tense, and repeat motion.
- Begin by lying flat on the floor with feet together and your arms out from your side to establish balance.
- Bring your legs up to where they are bent at the knee at a 90 degree angle • Thrust legs upward while bringing your knees towards your chin
- Lower back down the starting point and repeat.
Reverse Crunch w/Ball
• Same as prior movement except you will hold a stability ball under your legs by squeezing it between your heels and your buttocks.