3X Method – Workout Descriptions
Arms & Shoulders
Standing Band Bicep Curls
- Stand with feet about shoulders width apart with band secure under feet.
- Stand erect with knees slightly bent and back straight.
- Both hands at rest should be at your sides with firm grip on band.
- Contract your biceps as you bring both hands up together as the upper arm remains stationery. Hands should come up approximately to chin level and then slowly return to original position.
Bicep curl with stability ball
- Start by securing resistance band to door jam or fixed object that will be at about a 45 degree angle for this movement.
- Place stability ball on ground at the distance that will allow the amount of resistance desired to complete number of reps required by workout.
- Sit on stability ball and extend arms slightly upward in line with the angle of the band connected to fixed object.
- Keep arms in elevated position and contract biceps bringing both hands simultaneously towards head till about even with your ears. Make sure to keep arms at elevated angle the entire exercise.
- Slowly bring back and to original position and repeat.
- Begin with back against bed/ledge and your legs straight out in front of you with your feet together.
- Reach your arms behind your body and place hands on ledge and lift body straight up
- Lower body down, stopping just before touching the floor and repeat motion.
- For this exercise you should be on all fours like a dog or cat. Kneel down on the floor and place your hands even/under your shoulders.
- Contract your abdominal area.
- Simultaneously raise your right arm and left leg while keeping abs contracted.
- Point leg straight out from hip with toes straight and your arm should also be pointing straight out from shoulder.
- Do not rotate pelvis and do your best to keep your back as flat as the surface of a table.
- Hold for approximately 3-5 seconds and then rotate to the other side.