3X Method – Workout Descriptions
Rear-Deltoid Lateral Raise (with band)
- Make sure band is secure below feet and you have given yourself the proper amount of resistance.
- Bend forward from the waist and contract glutes and abs while keeping back straight with torso almost parallel to the floor.
- Arms should be beneath your shoulders.
- Pull shoulder blades back and then raise both arms out to the side.
- Lower to original position and then repeat.
45 Degree Lat Pull-Down with Resistance Band
- You will want to start out by securing the band to a doorway or some other elevated area where you will be able to have the band at about 45 degree
- Move as far away from the wall as necessary to achieve the resistance needed for the number of reps indicated by workout.
- Have feet just shoulder width apart with knees bent and upper torso bent forward 45 degrees with back straight not arching back but not slumping forward either.
- Brace abdominal section and legs while pulling elbows down below shoulder until hands are just above shoulders.
- Keeps arms and movement consistent on the same 45 degree line as your body.
- Slowly come back up and then repeat movement.
- Take elastic band and attach to any fixed object that can be about same height as your lower chest
- Sit on ground and grab band with palms facing in towards each other.
- Pull the bands toward your midsection while keeping your back straight.
- Then slowly straighten your arms back out in front of you.
- Repeat this motion for the number of reps indicated in workout.